Convention of Doctoral Researchers at the KIT Department ETIT
Welcome to the website of the ETIT convention of doctoral researchers! We are here for you if you have any questions about your doctorate. In particular, we are happy to help you with registration, the doctoral application or other organizational matters. A part from that we strive to make your doctorate as pleasant as possible. We are therefore always happy to receive your feedback. We also want to be your contact for tips on how to master this exciting and challenging time together.
What is the ETIT convention of doctoral researchers?
The convention consists of all doctoral researchers of the ETIT department. The individual institutes are each represented by one person, and this group forms the Doctoral Committee. The entire convention in turn elects two people every two years who act as the convention's board and are members of the Doctoral Committee+. They also have the right to sit on the Department Council ("Fakultätsrat").
What is the core task of the convention?
Our main task as chairs of the convention is to represent your interests as doctoral researchers of the ETIT department. We want to ensure that you have good doctoral years and therefore support you in an advisory capacity in all matters relating to your doctorate. With your help, we would like to recognize structural problems at an early stage and find solutions in cooperation with the department.
How can I get involved?
We are always open to new ideas and suggestions that make life easier for all of us. If you are interested in representing your institute at the convention, please talk to the current representative about our elections.
How do I keep up to date about doctorate matters at the ETIT department?
All doctoral candidates are cordially invited to join the ETIT doctoral candidates´ mailing list. This way you can ensure that you receive all information relevant to you and your doctorate. Not yet registered? Then click here.
If you have any questions or suggestions for improvement, or if you need support, you can contact us at any time. Please use our mailbox: doktorandenkonvent∂etit.kit.edu.
Board of the Doctoral Convention since May 2023:
- Baumann, Daniel (ITIV) daniel.baumann∂kit.edu
- Bihler, Manuel (IIIT) manuel.bihler∂kit.edu
- Dittmer, Joel (IPQ) joel.dittmer∂kit.edu
- Geistert, Kristina (IMT) kristina.geistert∂kit.edu
- Kille, Sean (IRS) sean.kille∂kit.edu
- Krames, Lorena (IBT) lorena.krames∂kit.edu
- Li, Yueheng (IHE) yueheng.li∂kit.edu
- Müller, Michael (IMS) michael.mueller2∂kit.edu
- Pham, Quoc Hung (ITEP) quoc.pham∂kit.edu
- Rayamajhi, Asu (LTI) asu.rayamajhi∂kit.edu
- Silberer, Lucas (IHM) lucas.silberer∂kit.edu
- Starosta, Anna Sina (ETI) anna.starosta∂kit.edu
- Weber, Pascal (IEH) pascal.weber∂kit.edu
- Intranet KIT ⇒ Your first port of call for all kinds of information about KIT and KIT services. Tip: You can find a lot under 'Information from A-Z'
- KHYS ⇒ Your portal when it comes to further education and learning
- DOCATA ⇒ The official portal for registering and managing your doctorate
- Time management portal ⇒ Here you can enter your absences and vacations
- Doctoral regulations ⇒ The legal framework for your doctorate. If you have any questions about this or about procedures, please contact the Dean's Office.
- Matriculation ⇒ Almost all doctoral researchers have to enrol within 2 weeks.